Mark Robijn

Mark Robijn
Celebrating the Joy of Writing www.markrobyn.com

Monday, March 22, 2021

Zack Snyder's Justice League - A fun ride with some missed opportunities

 Hello all. Mark Robijn here. 

This is my review of the recently released four-hour mega movie, Justice League, Zack Snyder's cut. 

This is a great movie if you want to sit back and veg for four hours or have something else to do and want to watch it in the background. After an hour or so, the constant drama gets a little mind-numbing. There are so many dramatic moments that they seem to coalesce after a while. 

That said, it is a fun movie to watch, and if you don't have anything else to do, it's got some great scenes and lots of fun, campy eat popcorn and turn off your brain action. 

I wish Aquaman had called some of his sea friends to at least one of the battles; after all, he is Aquaman. Wonder Woman's lines are always one or two sentences, and she has two expressions, angry and concerned. Batman still has a campy voice. And what is with Flash? Is he supposed to be the comic relief? When he was doing his little funny scenes, it seemed to detract from the movie. 

Superman was a little creepy. I missed Green Lantern, my favorite DC character. I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I really liked the Green Lantern movie with Ryan Reynolds. I never really understood why it was panned so badly. It was standard comic book fare. 

I digress. The colors in this movie, I assume, were made to look dark with a vintage tint. I personally didn't like the effect, it made the movie seem more depressing and melancholy. The whole movie had a dark, somber tone that drags after four hours. There needed to be some scenes of light to offset the constant darkness and sense of direness. Also, after the fight over the cubes ended, the movie began to drag, like an ending that doesn't want to end. 

All in all, it was a fun movie to watch, but it was a little too dark and moody for me. I would watch it again, but not rush back to spend four hours again, in the immediate future. 

I give it a B+. 

Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think, below. 

Mark Robijn 


No comments:

Post a Comment